• Corn kernels, – 1 cup
• Chili powder – ½ tsp
• Turmeric – ¼ tsp
• Salt – ¾ tsp
• Sugar (if desired)
• Baking powder – ½ tsp
• Fresh ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
• Coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 tbsp
• Ground peanut (Optional) – 1 tbsp
• Corn flour – 2 tbsp
• Chickpea flour (besan) [more besan can be added to adjust batter – 2 tbsp] • Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
• Oil – 2 tbsp(little more if shallow frying)
1. Put the corn kernels in the pressure cooker in high flame till it boils.
2. Remove and cool it.
3. Grind the corn seeds in a mixture or in blender.
4. Now add in rest of the ingredient except oil and Chickpea flour and mix until all are well combined.
5. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the oil and chickpea flour.
1. Preheat Oven to 350F.
2. Line the baking sheet with an aluminum foil, drizzle 2 tablespoon of oil all over.
3. The mixture is going to be sticky to work with, so lightly grease your hands with oil and take spoonful of the mixture and gently press on your palm to form a patty.
4. Lay them in the lined baking sheet, placing them in rows about an inch apart.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown, for a crisp topping ,now turn the oven mode to broil and let cook for another minute or two for crispier vadas.
To Shallow fry
1. Heat about 1 cup of oil in deep frying pan.
2. Keep the heat on medium flame.
3. Put spoonful of the mixture or like small balls and gently lay in the heated oil, let cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 3-4 minutes until golden brown .
4. Fry in 2-3 batches.
5. Serve warm with your favorite beverage.
GoFundcows is an online platform to donate for cows and help Gaushalas around the world achieve their objective to care, protect and love Krishna Cows.
From CrowdFunding to CowFunding, now people around the world will have the opportunity to bring a touch of home, and Vedic tradition with them by donating for cows around the world – Gau-Seva.
GoFundCows has the ability and potential to unite people from all walks of life in a way very few projects can and you all have the ability to create global change by helping all the ISKCON affiliated Goshalas to helping look after and love those cows for the pleasure of Krishna, Radha Rani and SRILA PRABHUPADA.