Nova Gokula Brazil – Shelter + Food
$243 of $2,400 raised
The project, Fazenda Nova Gokula, has 120 ha of total area, 80ha of permanent environmental preservation, located next to the Serra da Mantiqueira, in the city of Pindamonhangaba. It currently has 19 cows and bulls. With approximately 3 ha (30 thousand m2) of pasture, it does not yet have a functional rotational grazing system.
- The winter average temperature in the region goes from 8 ° C to 20 ° C. There is low rainfall. This climatic resource results in a shortage of food for cows in terms of pasture.
- Lack of food – Nova Gokula already has a 1ha of sugarcane for feeding the cows and bulls. However, it is still not enough and is not nutritionally balanced.
- Lack of capacity – The current Goshala has the capacity to only host calves and milking cows so when there are cold winds, with temperatures reaching 0 ° C, the remaining cows and bulls may suffer a lot in this adverse situation.
- To ensure a balanced feeding and shelter for Nova Gokula cows and bulls during the winter season.
- To establish one ha of elephant grass to complement the feed.
- Construction of Goshala (80m2) for winter shelter
- Sesalila Das
Sanjay C Parekh